The 50.2 Hz problem: obligation to upgrade photovoltaic installations
Network and system protection for Europe
Why upgrade? – Most of the PV installations installed in the past shut down automatically if the system frequency exceeds 50.2 Hz. In practice this means that, particularly in times of high decentral supply of power (on sunny days), several gigawatts of power may be shut down in the extreme case. The situation can result in a serious problem for system stability.
LINETRAX® VMD460-NA meets the current requirements in the European standards; the compact design and straightforward commissioning are also impressive. It also meets the specific requirements for different countries and system types - the related parameters are saved in the device in basic pre-defined programs.
The current device series VMD460-NA-D-2 for network and system protection compliant with the standards fulfils the obligation to upgrade and is the device for the future.
Advantages for the user
- Applications as per VDE-AR-N 4105, BDEW technical guideline (Generating Plants Connected to the Medium-Voltage Network), CEI 0-21, C10/11, G83/2, G59/2, G59/3, G83/2,UL508/CSA, DIN V VDE V 0126-1-1
- Easy commissioning and diagnostics
- Settings check without the manual
- History memory with real-time clock
- Test functions for the determination of the disconnection times
- Islanding detection df/dt
- Remote shutdown via ripple control signal receiver
- Future-proof, interface for software update
With network and system protection from Bender you are on the safe side – without replacing.